Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ramk
Regular Visitor

P&L Statement - GL Account Hierarchy Issues

Hi,

I am building a PBI report for P&L Statement to show actual, budget, variance grouped by account code which stored in a separate hierarchy table. One of the issues I am facing is how to link the Account column in either of actual or budget table with the custom GL hierarchy table. i.e the account code can be present in any of the 10 levels in the hierarchy. It has the data stored in unpivoted format (attached). Also I am not sure how the measures actual amount, budget amount, variance will be calculated when we do a rollup or drill  down from the top level hierarchies. 

Most of the blogs talk about first building the parent column and then calculated hierarchy depth using PATH functions in DAX. For me, it is a slightly different  case and need to unpivot the data so that every account  as its immediate parent in 2 columns so that I can continue to use HierarchyDepth and use them in the calculation of the measure.

Or am I missing something very simple as I already have the flattended structure needed ?  Please let me know.

Hierarchy.png

Hierarchy sample data.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@ramk,

You may try using SELECTCOLUMNS Function (DAX) and UNION Function to add a calculated table.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Did you able to do the Actual & Budget report?

Can you please share with me the PBI report with me? 

I will really appreciate it.

My email  spanda@unitycare.org

Thanks,

panda2018

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Did you able to do the Actual & Budget report?

Can you please share with me the PBI report with me? 

I will really appreciate it.

My email  spanda@unitycare.org

Thanks,

panda2018

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@ramk,

You may try using SELECTCOLUMNS Function (DAX) and UNION Function to add a calculated table.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors