Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gjadal
Employee
Employee

Overlays on visuals

What is the best way to overlay events on a visual?
For example I have a chart where the x -axis is date and y axis is some count.

I want to have a vertical marker at specific dates with some text to indicate an occurence of some event like an upgrade released

or a build conference.

Thanks

Gyan

3 REPLIES 3
CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

an example of what you seek can be found in the Guided Learning video:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/guided-learning/powerbi-learning-3-10-create-shapes-images/

www.CahabaData.com
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi gjadal,

Have you tried the custom Visual which MattAllington suggested?

Currently, there is no customize part that I could find out to add special vertical marker with comments using the Power BI listed visuals. Tooltips well only displays number type, so we can't add the comments column and put it in Tooltips well.

From my side I could only think out a workaround:

Take use of clustered column and line Chart, then use column as the vertical marker, with the comments(tips column) showing in Multi-Row card visual, see my result and the testing data:

4.PNG

3.PNG

Regards

Could this work for you?  https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/show/PulseChart1459209850231

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.