Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vin26
Resolver I
Resolver I

Overlapping Chart or Venn diagram

Hello,

I have a requirement to create Overlapping Chart or Venn diagram, something similar to below visualization:

sample_pbi.JPG

Sample data:

Category 1ValueCategory 2
A1B
B2C
C3E
D4D
E5A
A6E
B7A
C8C
D9D
E10B
A11C
B12D
C13B
D14A
E15E
A16B
B17D
C18A
D19E
E20C

Please suggest me any alternative visualization to represent the data similar to venn diagram.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-easonf-msft many thanks for your effort and research. The screenshot attached at the beginning of the thread has done in R, it works fine, but there are some organizational restrictions to publish the report. Another visual called 'Ultimate Venn Diagram' works fine for my requirement, since this visual is not certified by Microsoft and also there is not option to purchase the licence, I need to drop the plan to use this visual. Thanks again.

pbi1.JPG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @vin26 

Use the below visual 

pranit828_0-1598551645932.png

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

Hi @pranit828 thanks for the suggestions, both the visuals will not work for my requirements, 1st one allows on only 4 items in a category and each of the item in category 2 should be in each columns, my data format will not work here.

@vin26 

Try to change the structure your data, probably Pivot the data and @pranit828 's suggested custom visual should work.

Hi @mhossain it allows maximum 4 categories and it works are yes/no or 1/0 format of data

venn_1.JPG

venn_2.JPG

Hi , @vin26 

After researching, I can't find more custom visuals that meet your requirements in App Source. Most of these custom visuals cannot directly process the data template you provide, nor can they display so many categories.

Current visual  "Venn Diagram by MAQ Software"  allows up to 4 categories and can only show 13 possible combinations.

You can take  a try to  create a custom Venn chart by combining multiple pie charts.

Please  check if this video help . _Power BI - Creating a Custom Venn Diagram

Certainly, if you have enough ability, you can also create custom visuals using R and Python.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-easonf-msft many thanks for your effort and research. The screenshot attached at the beginning of the thread has done in R, it works fine, but there are some organizational restrictions to publish the report. Another visual called 'Ultimate Venn Diagram' works fine for my requirement, since this visual is not certified by Microsoft and also there is not option to purchase the licence, I need to drop the plan to use this visual. Thanks again.

pbi1.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.