cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SonyT
Frequent Visitor

Overlapping Bar Chart

Hi. I'm fairly new to Power BI and I would like to create a bar chart within a bar chart. Is there a visual available for this as I have been unable to find one? For example I would like to show Current Month vs Current Month Last Year using a bar chart, with a small/narrow bar within a current bar. Perhaps this is called an overlapping bar chart?  Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
SonyT
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your response Fernando.  It seems there doesn't seem to be a visual that allows for a bar chart that overlaps. Perhaps we will have to go with your suggestion for now. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know its not what you are looking for but you could use the line and clustered column chart and plot the same month last year on the line and the current on the bar. (or the other way around)

calerof
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @SonyT ,

You could try to use the Clustered Column Chart, where in values you add current revenue and previous year revenue.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Fernando

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors