Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MrPingu
Frequent Visitor

Outstanding invoices vs Revenue current & Last year

Hi,  

I'm trying to visualize incoming costs vs outstanding invoices. I managed to partially get what I want but  the one thing that I can't figure out is to make an predicted revenue based on previous year.

Basically I have these tables
Date
Date           |    Year |    Month   |Day

Invoice

Date to Pay | Amount to Pay | Year

Revenue

Date of Revenue | Amount of Revenue | Year

The Date table is an ordinary table with dates up to 2020.
The invoice table has dates from both paid invoices and to invoices to pay in future. For example 5th of april 2018.

The revenue table only has dates from the past.

I managed to make a graph dat displays all invoices and history revenues. 
But now I want to make prediction of the revenue based on previous year. I managed to calculate a measure using the following code:

Revenue_LY = CALCULATE([SumRev]; FILTER(ALL('Revenue_table'); 'Revenue'[Year]=MAX('Revenue'[Year]) - 1); SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Revenue'[Date of Revenue]))

How ever that function stops at the present. I want to make the revenue show of previous year against all outstanding invoices. 

PS: I'm totally new to DAX & PowerBI. Study material is welcome too

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MrPingu,

You can use the Forecast feature under Analytics, more details, please see the Apply Forecasting part in this blog. And there are some blog and threads for referance.

Data Forecasting and Analytics with Power BI Desktop
1 line in a graph : actual and forecast

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MrPingu,

You can use the Forecast feature under Analytics, more details, please see the Apply Forecasting part in this blog. And there are some blog and threads for referance.

Data Forecasting and Analytics with Power BI Desktop
1 line in a graph : actual and forecast

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.