Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mohsenhs82
Frequent Visitor

Output is different from R script and plot generated by Power BI in Power BI

Hello BI developers,

I came across a strage situation which does not make sense. I am sure I am doing somethign wrong but I cannot figure it out. I have a dataset (very huge) and need to do some visulisation. I need to some part in R to make the life easier, but the outputs are different even for the simpleset scanrio which is counting the rows. I have added an Index (auto increment) from Power BI to avoid any possible removal of duplicate rows.

All the values in the R script have "Don't summarize", but still the values (the count) are different. Please see the screenshots. If you need more information please let me know.

library(sqldf)
library(ggplot2)

options(scipen=999)
datas=sqldf("select count() as tc, Year from dataset group by Year ")
ggplot(datas, aes(x = Year, y = tc)) +  geom_line() 

Bi graph.jpgdo not summarise.jpgRscipt.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mohsenhs82,

I can reproduce the same result. But I'm afraid this is a limitation of R visual in Power BI. Please refer to desktop-r-visuals#known-limitations. If I reduce the size of data to less than 150000, it's good.

Output_is_different_from_R_script_and_plot_generated_by_Power_BI_in_Power_BI

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mohsenhs82,

I can reproduce the same result. But I'm afraid this is a limitation of R visual in Power BI. Please refer to desktop-r-visuals#known-limitations. If I reduce the size of data to less than 150000, it's good.

Output_is_different_from_R_script_and_plot_generated_by_Power_BI_in_Power_BI

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you Dale,

I see, when I plotted the total number of rows in my R scipt I saw 150k. I was suprised as I have millions of records. so this is the limitation. what a shame, but at least I know, and thanks for the link too.

Thanks

M

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors