Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

robhel
Helper I
Helper I

Output from multiple fields & scenarios

Hopefully with the amazing expertiese out there, someone can help me work through & solve a really complex & challenging scenario (seeming that case to me anyway!).............

Background:

I exctract staff data each month as a snapshot in time and merge each month into a single file and with this data, track staff movements each month of number new staff or staff that have left, which provides me with the results of =

26,000 rows mergered data & 4,287 of unique Staff IDs with MOM variance using Calendar Date, which provides me with initially what I require.

StaffNo.png

Then I need to drill further down on this data to ascertain:

1) Laterial move, eg staff member is still within the company just left one business unit & joined a different one

2) Existing staff but converted to a different Staff Type, eg Contractor is now Permanent Staff

Fields for this are:

Staff ID = Unique ID

Staff Type = Permanent Full Time; Contractor; Fixed Term Contract

Business Unit = 100s of Unique IDs

Calendar date = Date of movement/ Change

Step 1) Grouped 4,287 staff list & Count criteria of Staff ID + Staff Type + Business Unit

Step 2) Filtered out Count = 1, returned 200+ records

& this is where I have been able to get to -

Table on left, Lateral Staff Movements & Table on right Lateral Contractor Movements + Contractor converstions to Permanent Full Time staff

StaffList.png

Where I need assistance, how can I mash the data to get:

1) staff in & out of business units

2) staff converstions from type, eg contractor to staff

Desired result:

StaffOutput.png

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @robhel ,

I think these fields are extract from different tables based on their relationship, right?
Since I'm not so clear for your table structure and relationship mapping, can you please explain more about these? 
It is hard to test or coding formula without any detail information.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.