Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sampathK
Employee
Employee

Out of 5 slicer selections one visual dont want impact selection the bar chart

Hello Team,

I have 3 slicers like Country name, State Name, Region Name and one bar chart to total sales, Total Revenue, Total Profit measures.

Problem statement:-

When we select Country Name, Region Name Total sales should show what values it has in data set but  when we select State Name Total Sales should not filter on this. Total Sales shoudnt reflect when we select State Name slicer in report.

Any idea or suggestions please let me know.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @sampathK,

Currently you can't direct configure the filter effect with measure formulas, perhaps you can try to add all functions to your formula to only respond with a filter on specific fields.

Managing “all” functions in DAX: ALL, ALLSELECTED, ALLNOBLANKROW, ALLEXCEPT 

Notice: dax formula not able to extract different filter result from the filter who used the same data source fields.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sampathK,

It sounds like you want to achieve cascade filter effects on the slicers.

AFAIK, current power bi filters not use the same logic as the cascade filter did. Perhaps you can turn on the interactions UI to configure the slicer integrations(slicer 1-> slicer 2, slicer 2 -> slicer 3) to achieve a similar effect.

Change how visuals interact in a Power BI report 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft ,

When i select one option in slicer it should reflect two measures in other visual and should not reflect 3rd measure in same visual. I trying to disable interactions for only one measure and other two measures should reflect as slicer selection.

The third measure should reflect when second slicer selection happens. If i try to remove interactions it will remove all the measures but i dont want this. I want remove interactions from slicer to particular measure only  i need.

Hi @sampathK,

Currently you can't direct configure the filter effect with measure formulas, perhaps you can try to add all functions to your formula to only respond with a filter on specific fields.

Managing “all” functions in DAX: ALL, ALLSELECTED, ALLNOBLANKROW, ALLEXCEPT 

Notice: dax formula not able to extract different filter result from the filter who used the same data source fields.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@sampathK , if you do not want to use the slicer on visual you can disable interactions

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

Interactions.png

Hello   

I dont want to remove Interactions because it will reflect other two measures Total Revenue and Total Profit . I dont want do that by using dax can we get it directly ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.