Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Portrek
Resolver III
Resolver III

Others line - group

Hi everyone.

Consider a table that among other information has a column related to item, and among these items there are some classifications when the item is enhanced with two certain plants, and when the enhancements are made with common parts, no release is released and " Cell "gets blank (yellow points).

Sem título.png

What I would like to do is a table / graph that added these existing items and grouped the blank values into a new line with the name "others", more or less like in this tablet below. is there any way to do this column "SUM" through a measure?

Sem título2.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Portrek ,

You need to use BLANK() instead of ISBLANK(). The calculated column here is better than the measure, I would recommend the calculated column.

Calculated column is

Column = IF([PART]=BLANK(),"OTHERS",[PART])

Both the year column and the calculated column select don't summarize, and the ITEM column selects count.

11.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Portrek ,

maybe I'm do not understand your requirement 100%, but I would create a new calculated column based on the following DAX statement:

new column:
if( isblank( 'yourtablename'[Part] ) , "OTHERS" , 'yourtablename'[Part] )

Then drag the columns Year, new column, and item to a table visual.

Change the aggregation for the column item to Count and your done.

Hopefully, this provides what you are looking for.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hi Tom. Thanks for your anwser, but it's not that..

I need to make a measure that within the row context sort the existing values ​​and add a row with the sums of the items that don't have any additional trappings as if they were the remaining items..

Hi @Portrek ,

You need to use BLANK() instead of ISBLANK(). The calculated column here is better than the measure, I would recommend the calculated column.

Calculated column is

Column = IF([PART]=BLANK(),"OTHERS",[PART])

Both the year column and the calculated column select don't summarize, and the ITEM column selects count.

11.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.