Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Other Users Can't refresh Dashboard

The other users of a dashboard that I have created can't refresh the dashboard unless I open up the file first. 

They get a message that they can't connect to the data source if I don't have the file open on my laptop.

The file is a pbix file not a published report and the data sources are all set to import.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks,

slxa

** Edit:

My workplace only has a power bi pro license and the report needs to refreshed frequently. Because of this I am constrained to using a PBIX file as opposed to publishing the report.

3 REPLIES 3
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

How did you share your PBIX file with others? Is it through an email attachment?

What data source did you connect?

Maybe you can publish the PBIX to a new workspace and add users in it.

Then if the report refresh, you can republish the PBIX instead of configuring schedule refresh.

If it doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please provide more detail about your issue? Some screenshots will be better.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , The ideal way is to share report via power bi service.  Pbix file is for development .

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that, but, unfortunately the company I work for is only willing to pay for power bi pro which doesn't have unlimited refreshes. This report has to be refreshed upwards of 100 time a day depending on the time of the month. Because of that I have to use a PBIX file instead of shareing the report.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.