Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cwollett
Advocate I
Advocate I

Organizational Account Sign in disappearing

Hello - I have an issue that as cropped up this week. I need to update some data in a report within Desktop. When I open the Power Query Editor, I am asked to Edit Credentials on my dataflow connections. When I click the Edit Credentials button, I get the pop up asking me to Sign in with an organizational account. When I click on Sign in, I can see the usual pop up fire like I should then be able to log in with my Microsoft account, but the pop up closes before I can enter any information.

I have read elsewhere that I should delete the credential and remake it, but clicking delete doesn't actually delete the data source settings entry. 

I'm sure the issue has to do with Edge/Web Viewer, but I cannot get the authentication to fire. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Watsky
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @cwollett , have you tried setting Power BI to use your default browser? You can do this by going into Options then under Global go to Security and checking Use my default browser

Watsky_0-1659474777484.png

See if that works for you.

Did my answer(s) help you? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!
Did my post answer your question(s)? Mark my post as a solution. This will help others find the solution.

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Watsky
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @cwollett , have you tried setting Power BI to use your default browser? You can do this by going into Options then under Global go to Security and checking Use my default browser

Watsky_0-1659474777484.png

See if that works for you.

Did my post answer your question(s)? Mark my post as a solution. This will help others find the solution.

I didn't think about that one because I did have Edge as the default browser, so I figured Edge/Web Viewer, it'd be the same. But enabling this actually pops it up into a web browser so totally fixes the issue. Thanks for the answer!

No problem, another possibility is that it could be the Power BI Desktop infrastructure preview feature causing the issue. Do you have it checked? If so try unchecking it then uncheck the default browser. See if that is the culprit. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.