Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AtikurRahman
Frequent Visitor

Ordering weekdays. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday... ?

Hello,

I'm a new user to Power BI and I am simply trying to create a visual which shows 'new user registrations' over the course of a week. Whenever I enter my CSV file into Power BI Desktop, it rearranges the week days which isn't what I want it to do. 

WeeklyUserRegistrations.PNG

^ Data within Excel (CSV format)

WeeklyUserRegistrationsPowerBIVisual.PNG

^ Visual within PowerBI

As you can see in the images provided, when the data is loaded in PowerBI, the week days are not displaying in the chronological order. I did go onto clicking on the order button on the top right corner of the visual however that did not help.

I want to be able to see the visual in the chronological week day order.

(example: Monday, Tueday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday)

Any advice would be appreciated!

Regards,

Atikur

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
AtikurRahman
Frequent Visitor

Not to worry! I have managed to fix the issue.

I simply clicked on the 'DayOfWeek' field and went over to the 'Modelling' tab which is located in the top left corner and clicked 'Sort by column' - Now, instead of clicking the default option I chose to click another field called 'WeekdayNumber', another field I have within the data.

Doing this has enabled me to get the exact visual I need.

Atikur

View solution in original post

AtikurRahman
Frequent Visitor

If anyone arrives at this post, please follow this video I watched on youtube and skip straight to 10:30 if you want to see exactly what I did to achieve what I needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2bZpNZ6uIA

Thanks,

Atikur

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AtikurRahman
Frequent Visitor

If anyone arrives at this post, please follow this video I watched on youtube and skip straight to 10:30 if you want to see exactly what I did to achieve what I needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2bZpNZ6uIA

Thanks,

Atikur

Hi, I do excatly what is seid in the video and got that message. Any idea how to solve?

image.png

ToFrai
Frequent Visitor

Ahh! Weekday_Num was already sorted by weekday. erased this, now it works!

AtikurRahman
Frequent Visitor

Not to worry! I have managed to fix the issue.

I simply clicked on the 'DayOfWeek' field and went over to the 'Modelling' tab which is located in the top left corner and clicked 'Sort by column' - Now, instead of clicking the default option I chose to click another field called 'WeekdayNumber', another field I have within the data.

Doing this has enabled me to get the exact visual I need.

Atikur

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.