Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

akj2784
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Ordered List in the Reports data

Hi All,

I have a report with 4 columns and 1 row. I want to show the 4 columns vertically along with square bullets i.e. ALT 254 or any other bullets. Also, if any of the columns doesnt have data then it should now show blank space.rather it should skip that line and show the next column after that.

Which visualization is the right one for this ? I tried matrix but don't have much control over the look. Also tried multi-row card but no getting the data as expected.

9 REPLIES 9
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @akj2784,

Have you tried the solutions provided above? Do they work in your scenario? If the solution works, could you accept it as solution to close this thread?

If you still have any question on this issue, feel free to post here. Smiley Happy

Regards

bsas
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hi @akj2784,

Could you please draw your table and result that you want to get.

Action.JPGSomething like this. There can be 6-7 action items, depending on whatever is applicable it should only show those items as above.

Also when there is no action, i would like to show green bullet with text as "No Action needed"

I would recomend u see this video. There is a explanation for how use images from web on reports at power bi. You should do this on Power BI desktop, but theses images just appear on online Power BI.

@akj2784 such result (red and green bullet) can be shown only when you find and download such visualization. I didn't see such possibility in standart configuration. 

Draw example of your current table (sourse) from which you want to build mentioned visualization.

table.JPG

I have this tablular report which I want to make it more fancy.

As such could not find any such custom visualization too.

@akj2784

I've tried to create such visual, this is what I received:

Slicer for project 1 will give you:

Untitled.png

Slicer for project 2:

Untitled.png

Depends on what you want you can change text of messages in the right box.

How did you achieve this ?

I think this should work for me..

But it has blank line for the 2nd Project.

@akj2784

I've created 4 calculated columns (for each column):

test1 = (IF('Work table'[Eend date flag]=BLANK(),"",'Work table'[Eend date flag]))

test2 = IF('Work table'[missed invoice flag]=BLANK(),"",'Work table'[missed invoice flag])

test3 = IF('Work table'[outstanding invocie]= BLANK(),"",CONCATENATE("Outstanding Invoice: ",'Work table'[outstanding invocie]))

test4 = IF('Work table'[forecasting missed]=BLANK(),"",CONCATENATE("Forecast missed: ",'Work table'[forecasting missed]))

then created slicer with value project and Multi-row card with values as 4 test calculated columns:

Untitled.png

You can play with conditions in 4 test columns as you wish or create more and add them to the multi-row if you need.

Hope this will help you.

Need to think if there is possibility to remove blanks. Or you can change blank to OK or something like that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.