Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Order of operations for sharing data?

Hi - I have a PBIX file that I created, and that I'm refreshing on my own machine. I cannot access either gateway for automatic data refresh.

After I refresh the file, is the correct method to share the report with other people on my team to publish it to the PowerBI service? I'ver always done it in this order, but I realized that I have no idea if this is correct or if there is a more efficent method available (outside of the scheduled data refreshes).

Thank in advance~

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Best was that once published, you should refresh it with help from the data gateway(for the on-premise datasets, cloud DB will work without that).

If you do not want that then refresh and publish is the only way

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Best was that once published, you should refresh it with help from the data gateway(for the on-premise datasets, cloud DB will work without that).

If you do not want that then refresh and publish is the only way

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I wish I was able to use the gateway solutions, but the IT team at my firm has our machines locked down pretty tighly, so I wasn't able to figure out a way to have it run without needing admin access on a daily basis. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.