Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

meehael
Helper II
Helper II

Order of Drillthrough Pages in Online Doesn't Match Desktop

Hi everyone,

does anyone know why the order of drillthrough pages in Power BI Online doesn't match the order of the same report in Power BI Desktop, please?

I'm using the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

I've tried republishing the same report several times, reset filters in online, CTRL-F5, but no luck.

I've also tried to edit the report directly in online and delete all pages except one, save it in online, then publish and overwrite from Desktop, but no luck again.

I even tried to upload it as a brand new report, but same thing.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

6 REPLIES 6
meehael
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

unfortunately, that's hard for me, because the report is connected live to a Power BI dataset.

Currently, the only workaround I've been able to find is to delete all pages and recreate them anew, which is really annoying, especially because I need to set up all the page filters and drillthrough filters manually again, and it's rather error-prone.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi @meehael,

Since I can't reproduce this and it also not listed on the support page as a known issue.

Perhaps you can try to contact to power bi team to report them with your report. Then they can trace the contents and backend processing to confirm if this is not a special issue that only appears on your side.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @meehael ,

On a general note, if there are multiple drill-through pages on a single report, they take the order in which they were created.

Can you add some screenshots around your problem like the difference you see in PBI desktop and PBI service for your report?

This will help in understanding your issue in a better way.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Hi,

this is from Online

meehael_0-1607685909548.png

And this is from Desktop:

meehael_1-1607685931969.png

Thanks in advance,

Mike

HI @meehael,

Can you please share a pbix fiel with some dummy data to test? It is hard to reproduce your issue on my side.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @meehael ,

I am not able to reproduce this scenario at my end and may be in PBI service it is taking some internal ordering for the drill-through pages.

May be you can create a support ticket for this: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.