Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Order by date on x-axis and by number of boxes in y-axis bars

Basic question..How can I order the bars from biggest to smallest? This has a top 10 filter applied.

2017-07-19 15_04_14-Reprocessamento_2 - Power BI Desktop.png

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to do the following: for each value in the x-axis, order the various legend attributes by units -> biggest to smallest

Don't think that corresponds to what you suggested.

Hi @Anonymous,

I understand you, the legend attributes orders are different in different categories. We can not order it, here is an idea, please vote it.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I have voted on it 🙂

Hi @Anonymous,

Got it.

Best Regards,
Angelia

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

In the clustered bar chart, we can order the bar based on value in different date. For example, I create sample table as follows.

1.PNG

I create a bar chart, then legend sort the value according to the first character(A->B->C.....). While for your requirement, in 2017/5/1, you want the bars sort by value from biggest to smallest, in 2017/6/1, it's the same, right? If it is, it's impossible. because, the biggest is E Paris in 2017/5/1 and the biggest is B Paris in 2017/6/1. 

2.PNG

If you want to top 10, you can create a calculated column using the formula, I get the top3 becasue my sample data has less rows. You can replace 3 to N.

RANK = IF(RANKX(FILTER(Table1,Table1[Date]=EARLIER(Table1[Date])),Table1[Value],,ASC,Skip)<=3,"Yes","No")

3.png

Then you can use the calculated column to filter your chart, select all the rows where the Rank is "Yes".

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.