Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pabeader
Post Patron
Post Patron

Oracle database refresh never finishes.

I have a sucessful connection to an Oracle database.  I even have a query under the advanced option to limit the incoming number of rows.

I have let it sit for hours and the refresh never completes.  It gets to, what should be the proper number of rows, and just stops updating the count.  The cursor just keps going around and around.

If I try to cancel by hitting the cancel button, it switches to Cancelling...  and never frees up.

Any ideas what I can try next?

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Were you able to load some small data? Limit to small number and test, if it is loading?

With my where clause I limited it to 1749 rows.  Still never finshed.  Eventually I have to kill the Power BI processes and start it over to try something else.  Sometimes when I restart Power BI it gives me a recovery option but that doesn't help.

Hi @pabeader ,

Could you please verify if you have the correct version of Oracle Client installed, such as 64-bit Client with 64-bit Power BI Desktop, please also check the version requirement:

Supported Oracle versions:

• Oracle 9 and later
  • Oracle client software 8.1.7 and later

If the duration time of import is very long, could you please try verify the connection to oracle server by using DirectQuery mode?

Please refer to this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-connect-oracle-database

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Both are 64-bit

Oracle 12c

Driver 121024

Download version of Power BI since the Marketplace version still doen't work with Oracle.

If I set it to Directquery it never connects.  (Waited almost 1 hour)

Hi @pabeader ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?Could you please provide more details about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have develpoded a new issue.  I am getting an error when I try to connect.

Details: "Oracle: ORA-12638: Credential retrieval failed"

I have tried the only answer I have been able to find which is:

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NONE)

That has not helped.

Hi @pabeader ,

Does this connection issue also happened when using other official tools to connect this Oracle Database? Have you assign sql statement when you tried to use DirectQuery last time? Could you please try to increase the value of timeout in Oracle.Database fuction?

Oracle.Database(server as text, [CommandTimeout=#duration(0,1,0,0), ConnectionTimeout#duration(0,1,0,0)])

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.