Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oracle connector locks my account

Hello,

I found that the Oracle connector is locking my Oracle user account. When my password is expired, I check if the report is open in Power BI Desktop (if so, I close it), I change my password, I open the report with Power BI Desktop again and then go to the "Data source settings" window. From there, I select the Oracle connection, click on the "Clear Permissions" button, confirm by clicking on the "Delete" button and finally close the window. After clicking on the "Refresh" button, I must of course reenter my credentials. I specify my new password. But at that time, Power BI Desktop tells me that my account is locked. The Oracle error is ORA-28000. Please look at the picture below. It looks like the permissions aren't really cleared and the old ones is still used somehow. It happened to me a few times already. This is annoying. There is no other software or service running that is using the account which can lock it.

ORA-28000.PNG

Am I doing something wrong?

Am I the only one who experienced it?

If you need more information in order to help me, please let me know and I'll provide it.

Thank you

Jonathan

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

One of the reasons of your problem could be the password policy you are using. And if there is no such policy of yours then check your settings for the password properties in the DEFAULT profile with the following query:

SELECT resource_name, limit
FROM dba_profiles 
WHERE profile = 'DEFAULT'
AND resource_type = 'PASSWORD';

And If required, you just need to change the PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME to unlimited with the following query:

ALTER PROFILE DEFAULT LIMIT PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME UNLIMITED;

Also you can check this Link to find more details.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-frfei-msft,

If I understand you well, you want me to change the password policy in order it never expires. If yes, I can't change that in my organization, I need to follow that policy.

Thanks

Jonathan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.