Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

soldstatic
Resolver I
Resolver I

Oracle SYS Objects

I'm attempting to create a simple dashboard to help me quickly isolate blocking activity in one of our Oracle databases. Essentially the query I want to run is similar to this:

SELECT
a.object,
a.type,
a.sid,
b.username,
b.osuser,
b.program,
c.sql_text
FROM v$access a
join v$session b
on a.sid = b.sid
join v$sql c on c.sql_id = b.sql_id

I find that typically my performance is better in powerBI when using direct query when I do NOT use custom queries. I would like to bring each of these three tables in using direct query, but I can't figure out how to specify the 'SYS' user and the objects do not show up in the hierarchy navigation pane, and I can't just changes the schema/user name to 'SYS'. I've tried everything I can think of, but the only way I can get it to work is to use 'select * from v$access' as a custom query. When I do that for all three tables and then join them with the relationship diagram it just performs way too slow. Using the above as a custom query works better.

Any tips for grabbing the SYS objects?

Here are some examples of the attempts I've tried:

soldstatic_0-1642335414965.png

soldstatic_1-1642335447736.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @soldstatic ,

You can refer the following video to connect to Oracle database:

Connect to an Oracle database with Power BI Desktop

Power BI: How to Connect to Oracle Database

yingyinr_0-1642576596218.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I can connect just fine and I see all the normal views/tables, I just can't select the SYS objects from the navigation. But it works if I use a query that runs it, so it isn't a permissions issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.