Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ninos-shiba
Resolver I
Resolver I

Oracle: ORA-02391: exceeded simultaneous SESSIONS_PER_USER limit

I cannot refresh any of my Oracle data sources any longer due to this message:
Oracle: ORA-02391: exceeded simultaneous SESSIONS_PER_USER limit

Is there any fix on the Power BI side or anything I could do on my system to help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ninos-shiba
Resolver I
Resolver I

I reached out to my IT department and they doubled the total number of database connections. Thanks for the responses.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ninos-shiba
Resolver I
Resolver I

I reached out to my IT department and they doubled the total number of database connections. Thanks for the responses.

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ninos-shiba ,

The total number of database connections to the Oracle Database by the specified user has reached the maximum, and therefore no more connections can be established for the current user. Would you please refer the resolution in https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-fix-ora-02391-exceeded-simultaneous-sessions_per_user...

If this post help, please consider accept it as the solution to help others find it more  quickly.

Best Regard,

Dedmon Dai

camargos88
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ninos-shiba ,

Check this link:

Solved: Power BI Desktop automatic refresh queries one-by-... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Maybe your user has a limit for sessions. So you can try disabling the parallel load and background refresh.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.