Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

Oracle: ORA-02391: exceeded simultaneous SESSIONS_PER_USER limit

I cannot refresh any of my Oracle data sources any longer due to this message:
Oracle: ORA-02391: exceeded simultaneous SESSIONS_PER_USER limit

Is there any fix on the Power BI side or anything I could do on my system to help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Resolver I
Resolver I

I reached out to my IT department and they doubled the total number of database connections. Thanks for the responses.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Resolver I
Resolver I

I reached out to my IT department and they doubled the total number of database connections. Thanks for the responses.

View solution in original post

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @ninos-shiba ,

The total number of database connections to the Oracle Database by the specified user has reached the maximum, and therefore no more connections can be established for the current user. Would you please refer the resolution in https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-fix-ora-02391-exceeded-simultaneous-sessions_per_user...

If this post help, please consider accept it as the solution to help others find it more  quickly.

Best Regard,

Dedmon Dai

Super User III
Super User III

@ninos-shiba ,

Check this link:

Solved: Power BI Desktop automatic refresh queries one-by-... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Maybe your user has a limit for sessions. So you can try disabling the parallel load and background refresh.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

secondImage

Power BI Women

Join our monthly meetings and learning sessions.

secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors