Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prasanthdbsae
Regular Visitor

Oracle Fusion HCM direct connection to PowerBI

Hi Friends,

Can I connect Oracle fusion HCM Cloud to PowerBI directly using HCM REST APIs? Are there any limitations and security issues?

Your timely help is highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @prasanthdbsae ,

I'm afraid that it don't support direct query  to Oracle Fusion HCM Cloud now. Please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/power-bi-data-sources for the supported data source for Direct query

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @prasanthdbsae ,

BI Connector, a Power BI Certified connector, connects Power BI to Oracle HCM Cloud, and supports connectivity in both Import and Direct Query modes.

Here's a quick video to show a glimpse of what it does:

The connector works seamlessly with both Power BI Desktop and Service/Report Server clients via the Gateway, and supports Scheduled Refresh for Imports.

You can your visualize your HCM Subject Areas and Reports in minutes, without writing a single line of SQL Code! Blend your HCM data with other data sources, and automate the connection in Power BI Service also, not in days or hours, but in minutes!

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @prasanthdbsae ,

I'm afraid that it don't support direct query  to Oracle Fusion HCM Cloud now. Please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/power-bi-data-sources for the supported data source for Direct query

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @prasanthdbsae ,

Yes, you can. Please refer to https://docs.oracle.com/en/cloud/saas/human-resources/20b/farws/index.html for details.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Thank you for your suggested solution. If I use REST APIs I need to load the entire data model into PowerBI. Is there an option to have a direct live connection to Oracle Fusion HCM Cloud?

Thanks for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.