cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sh00un
Frequent Visitor

Oracle Dataset into Power BI

Hi everybody,

I have a situation where the Data Base admin created a Dataset to connect on my Power Bi Desktop, once I call the dataset, I noticed the middle icon is gone 

Sh00un_0-1632757892922.png

From now, I cant clean the data using DAX, I did try to change to Direct Query, then built a spreadsheet to try to call the "RELATED" function but I cant do anything, cant modeling the data.

Is there anything we are doing wrong? Please would help us a lot! Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Sh00un table view is not available when using live connect to power bi dataset. you are not missing anything, this is how it works out of the box.

Follow us on LinkedIn

Check my latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sh00un
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @parry2k , deffinitely I wanted to hear that I was missing something but make sense.

Is there anything you would suggest to us as alternative solution?
Maybe a connection straight from the SQL server?

The main issue is, how can I see the data from the Data base server and modeling them and doing calculations and also refreshing my report only with a simple data refresh and all the data + calculations is updated and the dashboard is done?

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Sh00un table view is not available when using live connect to power bi dataset. you are not missing anything, this is how it works out of the box.

Follow us on LinkedIn

Check my latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.