Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oracle.DataAccess.Client could not be instantiated

Hello,

I started working with Power BI Desktop couple days ago. My data source is Oracle DB.

I'm usiong Power BI Desktop x64 and I installed 64-bit ODAC 12c Release 4 (12.1.0.2.4) for Windows x64.

I connected to my Oracle and created basic model. I used DirectQuery as Storage options. Everything seems to be ok, when I'm creating a model.

But... when I saved it and tried to open it again it doesn't work at all. I receive an error:PBIError.png

When I'm connecting to Oracle DB and trying to add new tables I also receive this error mesaage.

I'm even more confised because when creating new document from scratch it works.

Could you please help me?

Best regards,

Szymon

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Please refer to the similar thread in exchange forumn, this issue should be related to the ODAC Driver.

https://www.pbiusergroup.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=0ac479ec-35bc-4d73-9c92-48a52f9f43e7&CommunityKey=b35c8468-2fd8-4e1a-8429-322c39fe7110&tab=digestviewer

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @v-yuta-msft for your quick response.

I did all steps that are described in the link you pasted. Unfortunately I still have the same problem.

Any other ideas? 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Moreover I have this kind of error only when I'm using directQuery storage.

When the tables are loaded I can work with them, save my Power BI model, close it down, open once again and it works.

DirectQuery doesn't work. What is wrong? 

I am having the same exact problem.
Did you manage to find any solution about it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, do you have any idea what can be wrong?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.