Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rsmhema1993
Frequent Visitor

Oracle DB credentials duration

Hai all,

When i was connected to the oracle DB, I entered my DB credentials once then when i opened it for the another time to see my report, it won't ask me to enter my login credentials again. 

What if i change my oracle password or some error with the credentials details in first attempt? How can i get database credentials screen for the second time in power bi desktop if i need that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rsmhema1993,

In Power BI desktop, when we first time connect to Oracle database, entered credential will be stored. You can delete credential or edit credential from Data Source Settings via File -> Options and settings -> Data source settings.

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rsmhema1993,

In Power BI desktop, when we first time connect to Oracle database, entered credential will be stored. You can delete credential or edit credential from Data Source Settings via File -> Options and settings -> Data source settings.

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm stuck on a POC to bring power bi premium (a node) into my company.  I'm using the ez connect strings and I have two user accounts I need to use.  One for an ODS and another.  Similar to this question, I get how I can change it, but becuase the ez connect string is the same I never really have the option to have both at the same time.  Does that make sense?  It assumes the current one.  

Is there any syntax I can add that power bi will ignore and still connect successfully so that for my purposes I have 2 distinct strings with 2 users?  

This is the workaround for my power bi desktop not being able to use an existing tnsnames.ora file that's saved in a super user account on my laptop. My PLSQL developer uses that one without issue.   I reviewed many posts and haven't figured out how to point Power BI to that tsnames file.  So a link to a more specific blog on this could be helpful too.  Much appreciated... 

hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

Thanks for your solution. Now i can able to get that credentials screen for the second time login.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.