Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rsmhema1993
Frequent Visitor

Oracle DB credentials duration

Hai all,

When i was connected to the oracle DB, I entered my DB credentials once then when i opened it for the another time to see my report, it won't ask me to enter my login credentials again. 

What if i change my oracle password or some error with the credentials details in first attempt? How can i get database credentials screen for the second time in power bi desktop if i need that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rsmhema1993,

In Power BI desktop, when we first time connect to Oracle database, entered credential will be stored. You can delete credential or edit credential from Data Source Settings via File -> Options and settings -> Data source settings.

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rsmhema1993,

In Power BI desktop, when we first time connect to Oracle database, entered credential will be stored. You can delete credential or edit credential from Data Source Settings via File -> Options and settings -> Data source settings.

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm stuck on a POC to bring power bi premium (a node) into my company.  I'm using the ez connect strings and I have two user accounts I need to use.  One for an ODS and another.  Similar to this question, I get how I can change it, but becuase the ez connect string is the same I never really have the option to have both at the same time.  Does that make sense?  It assumes the current one.  

Is there any syntax I can add that power bi will ignore and still connect successfully so that for my purposes I have 2 distinct strings with 2 users?  

This is the workaround for my power bi desktop not being able to use an existing tnsnames.ora file that's saved in a super user account on my laptop. My PLSQL developer uses that one without issue.   I reviewed many posts and haven't figured out how to point Power BI to that tsnames file.  So a link to a more specific blog on this could be helpful too.  Much appreciated... 

hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

Thanks for your solution. Now i can able to get that credentials screen for the second time login.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.