Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oracle DB Error: ORA-01555

I am importing data from Orcle BD using ODBC connecor. I didn't have any problem importing data from the same table before but now running into issues. The data is fairly large, more than million rows and about 25 columns. It starts out good but after several hours of import, I get below error: 

"Failed to save modifications to teh server. Error returned: ' OLD DB or ODBC error: [Datasource.error] Oracle: ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 76 with name" _SYSSMU76_1882479614$" too small".

I have no idea what this cryptic error means. I found this about ORA-01555 but don't understand it either. 

I can use DirectQuery without any issues but the DirectQuery is very very slow. 

Can somebody please help? 

Thanks, 

S.P

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

That error is coming from the oracle database.

It is an issue with the length of time that your transaction has been open. Oracle is trying to preserve the read context (What the database looked like when you started the query), but the data it needs has aged out of the UNDO Tablespace.

You have two options:

1. Tune your query so that the data is returned quicker.
  2. Talk to your DBA about increasing the size of the UNDO tablespace.

http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/ORA-01555

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

That error is coming from the oracle database.

It is an issue with the length of time that your transaction has been open. Oracle is trying to preserve the read context (What the database looked like when you started the query), but the data it needs has aged out of the UNDO Tablespace.

You have two options:

1. Tune your query so that the data is returned quicker.
  2. Talk to your DBA about increasing the size of the UNDO tablespace.

http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/ORA-01555

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.. I will reduce the Query size and try it over the weekend. Hopefully, it will work. 

Is there a limit in Power BI on query time and table size? 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.