Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ajayraman

Oracle BIP reports in Power BI

Is it possible to create an Oracle BIP kind of report in Power BI

e.g

|text1|xxx1|text2|xxx2

|text3|xxx3|text4|xxx4

|    text5: xxx5           |

where text1 is static text and xxx1-5 are returned from a query

e.g selec t xxx1,  xxx2, xxx3, xxx4, xxx5 from table

the table above should be repeated for each row returned from the abvoe query

Thanks

Ajay

5 REPLIES 5
Shankar_R

@ajayraman @v-yuezhe-msft @Nimitrawat

An easy way to visualize Oracle BI Reports with Power BI is by using BI Connector. It's a simple process and saves a significant amount of time by reusing OBIEE metadata and security model.

Here's a video on how it works:

You can sign up for the free beta here: https://www.biconnector.com/blog/connect-power-bi-obiee-rpd-reports/?utm_source=power_bi&utm_campaig...

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ajayraman,

I am not familiar with Oracle BIP reports. From you description, it seems that you want to show values of different columns in a table, if that is the case, please check if Table or Matrix visual meets your requirement.

Please help to post sample data and expected result if the above visuals don’t satisfy you.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is a little different from a table or matric

you can consider this as a template and values from the query are inserted in random places in that report. Not contiguous columns.

the whole block needs to repeat for each row of the output

sample report attached. the cells in red background is filled from the outut of a query

Thanks

report.png

Hi @ajayraman

According to my knowledge, there is no bulit-in Power BI visuals or existing custom visuals that can be used to create such report. You can consider to develop your own custom visual and then use the visual to create the report.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Nimitrawat

Hi Ajay,

Even I have similar requirement where I need to convert OBIEE BIP reports into Power BI , If you get any clue then please let me know .

Thanks,

Nimit Kumar

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.