Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ChristianR
Frequent Visitor

Oracle - 2 queries in 1 dataset for setting decryption key

Using Oracle 19c as a data source.  I need to set the decryption key for some column on my Oracle session.

In Oracle SQL Developer we typically do these 2 statements separated by Semi Column

select crypt_data.setkey('xxxxxxxxxxxxx') val from dual;
select CAST(crypt_data.decryptor(taxid) AS VARCHAR2(9)), taxid from entity where codenbr='xx';

In Power BI, when I do the same I get "We encountered an error while trying to connect. Details: "Oracle: ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended"

What is the way to get around this?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
ChristianR
Frequent Visitor

This wouldn't work for the decryption piece.  

HI @ChristianR,

Do you mean this issue only appears when you add the encryption/decryption parts to advanced queries?
If that's the case, you can trace the connection sessions on the database side to confirm if they have enough permissions to execute or have been blocked by power bi itself. (some functions or features will be limit use when you use with the data connector due to security reasons)
Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @ChristianR,

I'd like to suggest you mix them into one query, power bi seems not support invoke multiple SQL statements at the same time.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.