Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

olimilo
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Options in sharing dashboards/reports to non-Pro users and RLS for shared dashboard to non-Pro user?

I'd like to know if there is anyway I can share a dashboard (or a report) to a group of users who do not have Pro licenses? I know most of the features of Power BI are gated by the Pro license requirement (which sucks, quite frankly). But I was wondering if it's also possible to share a dashboard with row-level security to that very group to restrict people in seeing certain data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi olimilo,

If the free users you are going to share with should have no edit permission on the reports\dashboard, I recommend you not to add them to your group because other admin of your group may give them edit permission. If you want to give the free users edit permission, both of solutions are OK.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
natasjamekes
Helper II
Helper II

With Webdashboard you can easily share your Power BI reports and dashboards, with an intern and external users. All you need is an e-mail address. You can try Webdashboard for 30 days and if you need any help, they will quickly react. It's available at the Microsoft App Source and for more information, you can visit the website: www.webdashboard.com 

RLS: https://webdashboard.com/feature/how-to-configure-row-level-security-rls/

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi olimilo ,

Non-pro(free) users can't be shared with and also can't share contents with others unless they are in an organization which has purchased premium license and the contents being shared with are in premium capacity.

For more details about premium license, please refer to: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi-premium/.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi Jimmy,

We already have a workspace group that has Premium Capacity enabled. My question is, do I just share the reports with the Free license users or do I have to include all those Free license users in the workgroup before they can get access to the reports that I upload on the workspace group?

Thanks!

Hi olimilo,

If the free users you are going to share with should have no edit permission on the reports\dashboard, I recommend you not to add them to your group because other admin of your group may give them edit permission. If you want to give the free users edit permission, both of solutions are OK.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.