Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Option for user to hide and display tabs/pages

Hi,

My report has two segments which is not related (In my case Asset Management Industry and Asset Servicing Industry). On the first page of the report I want to give the user an option/button to select which industry he is interested in. 

So when the user clicks "Asset Management", he can see and navigate through the pages/tabs for asset management analysis only (while those of the other industry are hidden automatically), while if he click on "Asset Servicing", the tabs for asset management are hidden and he can see and navigate through asset servicing tabs.

Not sure if this is possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jar2019
Helper I
Helper I

I use bookmarks and the selection pane (under view tab). Then I create buttons that are bookmarks to the various tabs or pages. You can create multiple pages in the report (some for each type your users might want) All you have to do it right click the tab on the bottom and click hide. Then you can create a menu (just a bunch of buttons that are links to the different pages). Essentially this lets you guide the users to pages you want them to see while hiding the rest. It doesn't allow them to see the tabs at the bottom, but in my opinion the menu option is more modern and creates a more engaging end-user experience. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

My report has two segments which is not related (In my case Asset Management Industry and Asset Servicing Industry). On the first page of the report I want to give the user an option/button to select which industry he is interested in. 

So when the user clicks "Asset Management", he can see and navigate through the pages/tabs for asset management analysis only (while those of the other industry are hidden automatically), while if he click on "Asset Servicing", the tabs for asset management are hidden and he can see and navigate through asset servicing tabs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jar2019
Helper I
Helper I

I use bookmarks and the selection pane (under view tab). Then I create buttons that are bookmarks to the various tabs or pages. You can create multiple pages in the report (some for each type your users might want) All you have to do it right click the tab on the bottom and click hide. Then you can create a menu (just a bunch of buttons that are links to the different pages). Essentially this lets you guide the users to pages you want them to see while hiding the rest. It doesn't allow them to see the tabs at the bottom, but in my opinion the menu option is more modern and creates a more engaging end-user experience. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous 

You can hide tabs.

And use bookmarks for navigation. Try this.

Good Luck!
A

A combination of using bookmarks and the selection panel

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey @Anonymous 

You can hide tabs.

Good Luck!
A

to hide visuals based on the button the user clicked. It can get complex the more visuals you are adding and hiding so be sure to take the time to organize them in the selection pane. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey @Anonymous 

You can hide tabs.

Good Luck!
A

I actually do not want to hide tabs, I want the tabs for the selected industry to be visible at the bottom. Is that possible?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So dont hide the tabs.

But you reapeted it a couple of times in your original post.

Good Luck!
A

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So dont hide the tabs.

But you reapeted it a couple of times in your original post.

Good Luck!
A

When the user selects "asset management", tabs for any other industry should get hidden and the user can only see relevant tabs. When the user changes selection to "asset servicing", only tabs relevant to servicing should be visible and all others should get hidden. 

So I want the displayed tabs to change as per selection.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

It is NOT supported as far as I know.

Consider creating 2 different reports for that purpose.

Cheers!
A

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.