Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Denis_Slav
Helper III
Helper III

Optimizing data model update time

Hello, 

What kind of recomendation coul be to reduce model update time?

I've got folders with > 30Gb of CSV data, and each month I add +2Gb. Last try of update take about 2 hour, but it take more time, there update process was terminated.  

At the moment. which I found recomendation:

1) I turned off all auto detect date-time column;

2) Delete column which I not use. 

Or is it way to increase time to update model?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Cool. The dataflow serves as intermediate data source. Multiple datasets can now consume from the dataflow instead of recreating the import from files. And yes you need to refresh the dataset, now that your dataflow is updated. But see, even reading from a hyperfast single table Azure source, it takes 20min to refresh, that´s the bare minimum under ideal conditions. If I calculated correctly that equals ~200Mbps! on a shared, free ressource! Therefore, if you find a 60min solution reading from text files that need to be processed row per row, I think that should be acceptable. If that solves your problem, please accept as solution to close the case. Alexander

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.