Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jacy
Frequent Visitor

Opening page of Report AND FILTER

Hi, I need that when opening a tab, a field used in the tab is filtered at a certain value. Someone already used something like that in powe bi?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Jacy If you have a slicer on the page, you can select the value you want and save the report that way (as the report author). Then whenever an end user opens the page, that value is selected. - I don't quite think this is what you are asking... If it isn't can you describe a bit more about the funcationality you need that you can't get working?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Back2Basics
Helper IV
Helper IV

It sounds like you might be wanting to include a parameter so that when a report is opened you can select what data you want to view?

Try this:

https://youtu.be/YiKtgTkj8wk

@Jacy If you have a slicer on the page, you can select the value you want and save the report that way (as the report author). Then whenever an end user opens the page, that value is selected. - I don't quite think this is what you are asking... If it isn't can you describe a bit more about the funcationality you need that you can't get working?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi , This is not what I am looking for, because the user will have to manually filter. I need that when the user opens the tab, the tab will filter a value in determining field

think you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.