Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Open days to count ?

Hello, 

I'm working on a dax to calculate the open days in a month. For example, I would like to calculate the open days of March month. So the dax that I wrote is : 

OD = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Calendar'[Date]),FILTER('Calendar','Calendar'[Month]=MONTH(NOW())+1))

So the result is: 31 days, is the number of all days of March month.
Do you have any tips to calculate the open days of any month? 

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous ,

Suppose you have Date Column with Date format so create a new Calculated Column like below:

WeekdayFlag = if(weekday('Calendar'[Date]) = 1,0,if(weekday('Calendar'[Date])=7,0,1))
Then take only Month in table and above calculated column so you'll something like below:
Capture.PNG
Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Not very clear what is open days?

Total day in current month = day(eomonth(Today(),0)

Total day in next month = day(eomonth(Today(),1)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak Open days are the days that we work on: from Monday to Friday. Example for March the open days are 23, not 31. I would like to calculate it for all months  ! 

Regards,

@Anonymous 

Work Day = COUNTROWS(FILTER(ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR(EOMONTH(TODAY(),0)+1, EOMONTH(TODAY(),1)),"WorkDay", if(WEEKDAY([Date],2) <6,1,0)),[WorkDay] =1))

@Anonymous ,

Suppose you have Date Column with Date format so create a new Calculated Column like below:

WeekdayFlag = if(weekday('Calendar'[Date]) = 1,0,if(weekday('Calendar'[Date])=7,0,1))
Then take only Month in table and above calculated column so you'll something like below:
Capture.PNG
Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

@Anonymous , for next month

Work Day = COUNTROWS(FILTER(ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR(EOMONTH(TODAY(),0)+1, EOMONTH(TODAY(),1)),"WorkDay", if(WEEKDAY([Date],2) <6,1,0)),[WorkDay] =1))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors