Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FloUL
Frequent Visitor

Open Reports links in the same tab in a Power bi App

Hello,

We've created a Power bi App which contains reports and a dashboard. On the dashboard, we pinned the reports to give the users a taste of what is in the App. However, the dashboard becomes so heavy that when we open the App there is a massive delay before it gets loaded.

To work around that, I created a report in which I have images linked to each report with the URL of the report :

Example : https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/apps/10a9fc39-5e88-4c88-9bd8-314071ad2a90/reports/1894a180-8906-49...

My problem is that the URL opens up into a new tab, which does not work with the integrated navigation we are trying to implement by using a dashboard.

Please, any idea how can I link a report to an image and have it open in the same tab (the link point to the report in the App) ? I'll take any solution at this point, I've been searching on this everywhere.

Thank's for the help. Flora

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @FloUL 

You can try to right click your link, copy link then paste it into the same tab and open it.

Your demand is a good idea, while opening the hypelink in the same tab is not supported to implement in Power BI currently.
You can vote up this idea for this function:Open Hiperlink in Same Tab

Or you can submit a new idea to improve the Power BI.
It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FloUL 

I think you have two requirements:

1. Build image hyperlinks in your report.

2. When you click the report link in your app, the link will open the report in the same tab instad of building a new tab.

Your demand is a good idea, while image hyperlink is not supported to implement in Power BI currently.
You can vote up this idea for this function:Allow hyperlinks on the images

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

You can try to show image by image url and add report url link into table visual to achieve your goal: Image Hyper link

I have a test to open a report url in app, it won't open the report in the same tab. It will build a new tab to show the report.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi @v-rzhou-msft 

Thank you for your response. Indeed, I added a report link to an image as you mentionned. This part works fine, I think there was an update in Power bi that integrated this feature.

But the link still open on a new tab. Is there a way or trick to make the link open in the same tab ? Based on research I made, it seems this option is not supported on Power bi ?

Thank's. Flora

Hi @FloUL 

You can try to right click your link, copy link then paste it into the same tab and open it.

Your demand is a good idea, while opening the hypelink in the same tab is not supported to implement in Power BI currently.
You can vote up this idea for this function:Open Hiperlink in Same Tab

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

Hi @v-rzhou-msft thank you for your response, I just voted for the idea.

Have a great week !

Flora

Hi @FloUL 

Could you kindly Accept the helpful reply as the solution? More people will benefit from it.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.