cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idof Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Open Power BI datasets in Power BI desktop?

I have imported the Azure Audit content pack into my Power BI, and I now have an Azure Audit Log dataset in my lists of datasets.

However, when I open Power BI desktop, I don't see any way to access that dataset.

Is this possible? I can't seem to find that specific pack in the "online services" when I click Get Data.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Open Power BI datasets in Power BI desktop?

Power BI service now has option to download report is it disabled for this report which you created using content pack?

idof Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

that option is disabled for all of my reports - those created from service-based datasets (azure EA billing, azure audit), and those created by uploading basic CSV files as datasets.

idof Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Quoting from the announcement:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-preview-of-download-power-bi-desktop-files-from-...

"For now, the preview feature can only download reports that originated from Power BI Desktop."

So I can't download it for desktop, as I first need to create it in desktop. Chicken and the egg thingy...

Looking at Limitations listd on

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-export-to-pbix/

Looks like only reports which are published through power bi desktop can be downloaded.in that case I do not see way of accessing same on Power BI desktop.

Highlighted
Moderator v-sihou-msft

@idof

Currently, Azure Audit is not supported as the online service data source in Power BI Desktop. Please see: Data sources in Power BI Desktop. You may submit a feature request on idea.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)