Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only top 100 rows get selected when I try to sum the entire column

I was working with the data in excel before. I calculated profit list_price-standard_cost in excel. I got the data in Power BI, did the necessary formatting, and went to the report section to create my dashboard. I selected Profit and put in a Card. It showed 760.61K$ when in excel it shows 10M$, upon further investigation I found out that It only sumps up to 100 rows. I have an assignment and I need help.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Are you saying that you see only 100 rows in the Data View of your table?  If so, then the query needs to be updated so that all data are loaded.  When you added your Profit column to the card visual, what was the default aggregation?  Was it perhaps average instead of sum?

If you provide some example data, you will get a detailed response with your solution.

If this works for you, please mark it as solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Q1.PNG

powerbi Q2.PNG

Powe BI Q3.PNG

These are some of The Pictures. It says count(distinct) is 100, is it because of that? 

Thank you for replying. Could you take a look at these?

Hi , @Anonymous 

Please make sure that there aren't any filters applied right now.

7.png

You may check if the following measure helps.

Total Profit = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Profit]),ALL('Table'))

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes.  Change it from Count(Distinct) to Sum.  Or even better make a New Measure with

Total Profit = Sum(Table[Profit])

Replace Table with the actual name of your table.  Then put this new measure in the Values area of your chart.

If this works for you, please mark it as solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Q4.PNG

It's still showing this. And it is only considering one value for each type, i.e. for 10 1700$ values, it only sums one 1700$ value.

It doesn't show the number of those values present. Q5.PNG

Could you please help me out? Thank you.

Hi , @Anonymous 

Could you please tell me whether your problem has been solved?
If it is,  please mark the helpful replies or add your reply as Answered to close this thread.
It will help other community members easily find the solution when they get the similar issue.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.