Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rogerdea
Helper IV
Helper IV

Only show days with values in a chart

Hello

I have a visual where at weekends there is no data, which is correct.  I would like to remove any days where there's 0 records. (so in this visiual remove 10th & 11th July).   Occasionally there is overtime so it could be possible to have weekend values, so was thinking just removing weekends won't work.

How can i only show dates where there are > 0 records.  I tried filtering the data where number of records > 0 but it didnt work.  what would be the approach?

rogerdea_0-1626965311858.png

any ideas?

Roger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rogerdea
Helper IV
Helper IV

Eventually figured out the easy way to fix this, on the X axis changing the type from Continuous to Categorical removed all the days with 0 values.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rogerdea
Helper IV
Helper IV

Eventually figured out the easy way to fix this, on the X axis changing the type from Continuous to Categorical removed all the days with 0 values.

BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @rogerdea ,

Have you tried adding your chart measure as a visual-level filter and seting it to [yourMeasure] is greater than 0?

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Yes i have tried filtering on records > 0 but it doesnt work.  I do have relative date filtering the past 14 days on the date axis, so could it be this forcing the 14 days regardless?  In which case i guess i will need to create a table with the 14 most recent values by date and use that as my axis.

Hi @rogerdea ,

When you say you have tried filtering > 0 records, do you mean you are filtering this at the table level?

My suggestion was to specifically filter at the VISUAL level. Whatever measure you have in your chart that is producing the numbers for the columns, apply the filter directly to this measure from the filter pane.

BA_Pete_0-1627020517479.png

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.