cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
excelmjr Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Only import SQ tables with data into individual queries

I have queried a database. I have used the Table.IsEmpty in a if statement. Thus restricting my data pull to only tables that actually contain data. (Also, if a new table is used it will show up on the next refresh). My question is, how do I tell Power BI to import each table as a separate query?  I do NOT want them all merged together.

let
Source = Sql.Database("server", "database", [CreateNavigationProperties=false]),
#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(Source, "Custom", each if Table.IsEmpty([Data]) then "Empty" else "Has Data"),
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Added Custom", each ([Custom] = "Has Data")),
#"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Filtered Rows",{"Custom", "Kind"})
in
#"Removed Columns"

I appreciate any suggestions

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Only import SQ tables with data into individual queries

Hi @excelmjr,

>>My question is, how do I tell Power BI to import each table as a separate query?

Nope, current power query not contains these features, I think you need to manual add them to new queries.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 59 members 1,325 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: