Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RAdams
Helper III
Helper III

Only Show Data in Table or Card when Slicer picked

I have an Employee HR table, which contains Employees personal information (First, Middle, Last, SSN, Hire Date, Beneficiaries, etc.). 

I created a Full Name column from the First-Last-SSN. 

What I would like to do is have the Full Name in a slicer that controls what is displayed in a Matrix Table (since some employees have multilpe Beneficiaries and other data) and two other Cards to show SSN and Hire Date.  Only thing is I would like everything (Table & Cards) to only display data when an Employee is selected in the Slicer. 

I looked into using ISFILTERED but it doesn't work in my scenario. 

Anything out there someone may have come across or can someone offer some advice on this? 

Thanks!

R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@RAdams wrote:

I have an Employee HR table, which contains Employees personal information (First, Middle, Last, SSN, Hire Date, Beneficiaries, etc.). 

What I would like to do is have the Full Name in a slicer that controls what is displayed in a Matrix Table (since some employees have multilpe Beneficiaries and other data) and two other Cards to show SSN and Hire Date.  Only thing is I would like everything (Table & Cards) to only display data when an Employee is selected in the Slicer. 

Anything out there someone may have come across or can someone offer some advice on this? 

Thanks!

R

@RAdams

Create measures as below and put them to cards and matrix. It shall work.

SSN measure =
IF (
    ISFILTERED ( 'Table'[fullName] ) && HASONEVALUE ( 'Table'[fullName] ),
    LASTNONBLANK ( 'Table'[SSN], "" ),
    BLANK ()
)

HireDate measure =
IF (
    LASTNONBLANK ( 'Table'[HireDate], "" ),
    BLANK ()
)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@RAdams wrote:

Thanks!

R

@RAdams

Create measures as below and put them to cards and matrix. It shall work.

SSN measure =
IF (
    LASTNONBLANK ( 'Table'[SSN], "" ),
    BLANK ()
)

HireDate measure =
IF (
    LASTNONBLANK ( 'Table'[HireDate], "" ),
    BLANK ()
)

Eric,

Just a follow up question on this. Is there a way I can show multiple rows for what I select in my slicer? 

For instance, I can have multiple Beneficiaries for each employee SSN that I would like to show in the Matrix Table. The LastNonBlank only shows the very last result. I saw that there was a AllNoBlanksrow but that doesn't seem to do what I need. 

R

Awesome. That works! I appreciate your help Eric. 

R

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.