Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Christophe
Helper II
Helper II

OneDrive and SharePoint auto-refresh

According to the documentation, the datasets linked to a OneDrive or SharePoint Excel file should autorefresh every hour.

This works fine for me when I only use the service and the "connect" to Excel feature.

However, I want to do the preparation in a pbix file. In this case, what is the equivalent of the service "connect to Excel"? I tried using various connectors (SharePoint folder, Web), they all establish a proper connection to the file but after I publish to my workspace no refresh happens.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Christophe ,

Yes correctly,but do remember if you update the file locally,you need first to make a refresh in sharepoint or onedrive to make the files updated in the cloud,then the refresh will be automatically executed in Service.

Note: Your dataset that connects to the file will be synchronized soon after the file on OneDrive, or SharePoint Online, is updated. Any visualizations based on the dataset are automatically updated too.

Here is a similar reference you can refer to:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-csv-file-onedrive

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.