Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

aavilap
Helper I
Helper I

One visual with month by month and year to date measures?

Hi all, 

Hope someone can help me with a trick to have this solved, I'm trying to create a table or matrix where I can show both month-by-month and Year to date mesures, the problem comes when I try to show 2 different measures, below is the example of what I am trying to achieve:

Captura.PNG

In the table columns Jan -May are referring to monthly sales, I have those 5 into one table by putting Months as columns and my Sales measure in Values, however, I have YTD Sales, Prior Year YTD and % Growth as 3 separate measures so when I put the 3 of them in my matrix I get 3 columns under each month instead of the table shown above, I'm not sure if this is achievable but would appreciate any thoughts or input to get there.

Thanks!

Ale

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can get my solution from this link. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NqgAwTZ-NgjC-HGOvLFbf205gsEl_Y61

The result is as shown below. You may increase the granularity of the matrix as desired.

MONTHLY WITH YTD AND LY.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @aavilap,

If I understand correctly, you are trying to show your measures on rows and not on columns. This feature is already available in matrix visual. Check this out https://datasavvy.me/2017/08/10/you-can-now-put-values-on-rows-in-power-bi/

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.

Hi @danextian thanks for your response, putting measures as rows is not exactly what I'm looking for, because in Rows I have Distributor and Clients (two other columns from my model) the problem is that I do not know how to put a month by month evolution for sales, and also put 3 other measures but those should only be on a cummulative (YTD) basis and not on the month by month evolution.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

You can get my solution from this link. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NqgAwTZ-NgjC-HGOvLFbf205gsEl_Y61

The result is as shown below. You may increase the granularity of the matrix as desired.

MONTHLY WITH YTD AND LY.png

Thanks @danextian your solution worked fine and it solved my problem 🙂 

Thanks @danextian ! This totally solved my problem!

If you mean to present it in Power BI very similar with how your table looks, I would say it is possible but  will be finnicky. It will involve creating a table that just has the columns you need. I am not aware of an existing visual that can do what you want out of the box. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.