Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

natabird3
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

One visual ranking while filtering others

Hello,

I am trying to recreate the following visual created in Power Point, but in Power Bi:

visual.JPG

However, my problem is that once i create a rank function, i am getting correctly to filter the values of spend as i force a visual filter to display rank 1, rank 2, rank 3 countries by spend and Sales %. But when i move to the brands i am encountering a problem, as my filter is now also ranking within the brands and so is not producing the right result.

Ideally, I would like to display each country based on the total investment (for example USA is highest investment) and on the right all the brand related info should be also about USA only. However, i have been unable to identify a measure that can do this in direct query mode. As you can imagine each of the visuals is a separate table or widget so its not a single filter that can do it for all. The only filter the user will interact with is period. Any advice or ideas on how to recreate this visual in Power Bi correctly?

Thanks in advance for your help.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
natabird3
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Actually, the solution i found that works for me is the chiclet slicer, which has the ability to force the slicer to select the value available in this case the desired country rank and then filter the remaining of the visuals using the interactions pane. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
natabird3
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Actually, the solution i found that works for me is the chiclet slicer, which has the ability to force the slicer to select the value available in this case the desired country rank and then filter the remaining of the visuals using the interactions pane. 

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @natabird3 ,

Seems like a rank hierarchy issue, you can refer this similar issue:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Ranking-of-items-in-3-subcategories/td-p/1106033

If not help, you can consider sharing some sample data or a dummy .pbix for further discussion.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.