Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AishwariyaV
Helper IV
Helper IV

One toggle button for all pages

Hi all,

Currently, in my report my data label unit is in Millions.

I have to add a toggle button in one page, so when i select or click on it, my entire report has to show data values with no units.

millions.PNGnone.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @AishwariyaV ,

Click on the link below to get to the display.  You have to click on both buttons in a column to activate the formatting on both pages and keep both pages in sync.

Using Slicers and Bookmarks

Here is what I was able to come up with. 

1. The settings for the slicer can be saved in a bookmark. The slicer can be copied and pasted on all your pages. I used this with a table that listed the two states, and was able to reflect that on each page to verify in print what we had selected. You can make the slicer invisible on the subsequent pages.

2. After trying many deadends bookmarks can't be spread over two pages. Also  you cannot make an shape invisible and still active or stack them so that you can push multiple buttons at once. 

3. This is what I have come up with so far. A different button for each page that leads to different bookmarks. It is kind of cool, but I know not what you are looking for.  The only benefit is that you could click on on ten buttons in a column pretty quickly. Currently I turned off the page location on the bookmark so clicking on it sets the value format, but does not take you to the page.

You could redo this as a menu of pages, and make your pages not visible until you click on the menu button. Then have two menus, one with formatting by millions and the other by no format. Then it is less obvious, because you are offering them a menu to get to the page in the formatted style they desire. Put a back button on each page, and they go back to the first page.

A lot of work. Let me know how it goes.

You can also check out something like this which is all bookmarks, and just copy each page to make a second page with the correcct formatting. Then as I said it would look like they were getting a cool menu. My dashboard with bookmarks

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Create bookmark and use it as your toggle

Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @AishwariyaV ,

What you will need to do is to turn on your bookmarks pane, and your selection pane. You can then show and hide objects.  In one case show the object with millions, and the other not. You basically put an invisible shape over a button to call a bookmarked page into being. See what I did below. When you click on the green button, I show the other buttons of a lighter color, which looks like they are not active, and cause a new table to show.  Lot of cool things you can do.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

bm1.PNG

bm2.PNG

Hi Nathaniel_C,

But i have 10 different pages and I want one button for all those 10 pages.

Hi @AishwariyaV ,

Ok, here is a possible way to go.  I won't have time until the weekend to really delve into this.  However, you can synch slicers across pages. And once you synch the slicer you can hide it so that the one page is controlling all. See below.

Next, @MattAllington in his book Supercharge PowerBi shows how to create a Morphing Switch Measure that alllows you to toggle between different visuals. So if you have different cards, displaying different formatting, selected by the user using a list slicer. Very cool! 

Do the research and let me know how it goes, and I will work on it to give you a quick demo this weekend. It may also be on Matt's website ExcelleratorBi.

Nathaniel

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers

Sync and use slicers on other pages

Starting with the February 2018 Power BI update, you can sync a slicer and use it on any or all pages in a report.

In the current report, the District Monthly Sales page also has a District Manager slicer, but it is not synced with the one you created on the Overview page (the two slicers can have different item selections). The New Stores page has only a Store Name slicer. You can sync your new District Manager slicer to these pages, so that slicer selections on any page affect visualizations on all three pages.

1.  Tip

Although the slicer initially appears on the synced pages at the same size and position as on the original page, you can move, resize, and format synced slicers on the various pages independently.

Note

If you sync a slicer to a page but do not make it visible on that page, slicer selections made on the other pages still filter the data on the page.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.