Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Clayton_Von

One table is blank when creating relationship

Greetings!

I'm new to Power BI and i have encounter a difficulties in making a relationship between tables. One of my table is not showing its contents or it is just showing blank/null values.

What i'm trying to connect here is the Family QR code from the PopCom table to the Resident Profile Family QR Code via 1 to many cardinality. 

Though the PopCom table isnt showing any values besides blank/null. And the only option that i have to use is the many to many cardinality.

It is shown that the QR Code is null.It is shown that the QR Code is null.It is clearly shown here that the PopCom table has a data populated in each columns.It is clearly shown here that the PopCom table has a data populated in each columns.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @Clayton_Von ,

What does PopCom table show in Data view. Is it blank as well? If not, it is possible that there are blank rows in this table that's been loaded into the data model.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @Clayton_Von ,

What does PopCom table show in Data view. Is it blank as well? If not, it is possible that there are blank rows in this table that's been loaded into the data model.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Hi @danextian ,

As I have checked, it does have a blank rows included, thus i've cleaned the table first. It already shows the data now but still could not use the 1 to many cardinality.

As i've checked the other threads, it seems that I could not use it because both of my columns Family QR Code has duplicates on them (as multiple individuals are within the same family).

Thank you very much. I will just create another table that have all the list of non duplicated QR Codes and have it as a bridge.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.