Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

One table, 2 dimensions, and Merge on only one dimension - is it possible?

Hi All,

I am fairly new to a power BI, I am trying to re-create something done in excel with some pivots etc, and I have my numbers correct, already, loaded into a matrix table.

Now I am wondering if PowerBI could give me same flexibility as excel to create some kind of Merge in this matrix table (or other table type at this point) to have this 282 once like on a screen from excel?

In general I think the case is that I have 2 dimensions here, and to get this 282 in seperate column I am using ALL selected(), and to get this grade specific values its just distinctcount on the ID of respondent - and now I am wondering if I can merge these 282 to have very similar view as in excel.

emateSk_0-1635248356706.png

emateSk_1-1635248464303.png

Thanks

emate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , if that 282 has to come as a measure it has to repeat. else see if there is an option to make it as a dimension.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , if that 282 has to come as a measure it has to repeat. else see if there is an option to make it as a dimension.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response, I think it has to unfortunetly.  This 282 is a measure of distinct count of respondents per category, and Grade is just next subcategory, but the logic of calcs is the same.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.