Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Nudo
Helper I
Helper I

One slicer with multiple date columns filter

Hey

I've been trying this for awhile. I've created a Date Table with relationships to the other columns I want to filter by, but for some reason they only filter to blank. I'm at a loss as to why they won't filter on the date. 

11 REPLIES 11
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nudo ,

Please show some sample data so that we could reproduce the scenario.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @Nudo 

Can you provide some screenshots or examples to help us give you a solution?

Thanks heaps,

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

So the first 2 images here show if I select blank that picks nearly all the data available, second one I've selected a bunch of days from the start of this year and there's definitely data that would be in that time frame but it's only showing 1.

Other images are just my connections etc

DateTable4.jpgDateTabl3.jpgDateTable2.jpgDateTable1.jpg

Hi @Nudo 

Thanks for that.  Are the "Period" filters you're using in the example from the Date table or are they from your other tables?

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

It's the date from the date table

Hi @Nudo 

Okay, thanks for that.  I just realised you have bi-directional one to many relationships from your Date table to your fact tables.  Can you turn these into one to many, single direction?  The one should be on the Date table side and the many should be on the fact table side, and the direction should be pointing toward the Fact tables (arrow away from the Date table).  

Let me know whether this corrects the issue once done.

Theo 

Yea I saw it in a video so tried it out, as I had the previous options you've suggested. But I tried again anyway just incase.

Just so you're aware the field these 3 options that are showing, are a count of "ID" but I'm trying to filter on created date do I need to do something else here?

@Nudo thanks for letting me know!  In terms of the IDs, are they in the fact tables that the Date table is related to?

Yea so its the ID of the row that has the created date that I've related to the date table. 

Thanks for that @Nudo - in terms of the Inspections and Converted Leads, are these a measure? 

Nope, objects from Salesforce so a row is a certain Inspection/Converted Lead with columns being all the info associated with that object etc created date, name

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.