Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

One record per page, multiple pages, filtered by previous week

I'm trying to save some time for a team that are producing a bunch of Powerpoint slides each week for senior level reporting.

• Each slide has a template for one high profile Incident, which is populated with data that I already have in PowerBI.
  • Only Incidents from a set date range are required (Previous Saturday to Friday)
  • There may be multiple Incidents from a week, multiple per day, or maybe none at all. (There have never been more than 10 - risky assumption I know!)  I don't think PBI can dynamically create pages, so I am happy to have a set of say 10 pages prefilled with a template.. some of these may be blank.
  • Each of these is differentiated by a unique ID

I can get the data in the correct place for one record, what I can't figure out is how to filter only one record per page automatically, to allow a simple 'export to powerpoint' to replace multiple copy and pastes from various places.

Any thoughts? I'm sure it's possible, just can't get my head around it!

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
DevScopeHelp
Helper III
Helper III

Hi, @silverdale9999 

We have a third-party app that connects Power BI to PowerPoint (and Word, and Outlook) called PowerBI Tiles Pro that may help you. It includes a refresh option that updates the visuals in your presentation to the latest data while keeping all formatting. While not automatic, this removes the need for any copy/pasting if you need to update your presentations regularly. You can try it for free for an unlimited amount of time. Let us know if you need any help using it.

Best regards,

The DevScope team

sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @silverdale9999 

you could create a rank column in your dataset, if you have something to rank them by. You could event rank them by your unique ID, I think. Then use the rank-column in the Page filter-pane of each page, filtering for rank=1 on the first page, rank = 2 on the second,...

Cheers,
Sturla

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution. Kudos are nice too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.