Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Eimoperator-cmc

One line with multi data points

Hi, 

I would like to have one horizontal bar starting at 0 and ending at 10. I want to plot 4 data points along the line. 

The 4 data points have scores between 0 - 10

I have tried different visuals but the end result is 4 horizontal bars and not one.

How do I have one horizontal line with the values plotted on the same line? Any help would be much appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @Eimoperator-cmc ,

Please let me know if this is what you are looking for.

1.JPG2.JPG

3.JPG

ELse you can you a Scatter Chart

1.JPG2.JPG

Else can you share some more info and data.

Regards,
Harsh Nathani
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Eimoperator-cmc 

Due to I don't know your data model, I build a sample to have a test.

1.png

Result:

2.png

For more details about how to build a line chart, you may refer to this blog: Create a Power BI Line Chart

If this reply still couldn't help you solve your problem, please provide me a sample like the one you are dealing with.

And show me a screenshot about the result you want.

This will make it easier for me to understand your requirement.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi, thank you for your replies. I have no issue with creating a bar chart, the issue I have is creating a horizontal line, with 4 data points. I have attached a picture of what I am "trying" to achieve.

examplebarchat.PNG

HI @Eimoperator-cmc ,

Please let me know if this is what you are looking for.

1.JPG2.JPG

3.JPG

ELse you can you a Scatter Chart

1.JPG2.JPG

Else can you share some more info and data.

Regards,
Harsh Nathani
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

Ah yes, scatter chart is what i needed! Thanks for the help, it was really useful 🙂

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Put your value column on the X axis, and something meaningless (eg "count distinct of some other column that is always the same") in the values well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.