Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

One dimension for multiple fact tables - how to filter?

Hi,

they say: create only one dim_time table for all facts. So:

111.PNG

Now I have one dim_time which relates to multiple fact tables. The problem is, when I use this dim_time for filtering to a specific date it will filter all the other facts for that date as well. 

When I want to filter only the registrations for a specific date and get all the sales for these customers who registerd at that date.

Or get all the sales for a specific date and see the registrations for the customers who did that sells.

Do I need two dim_time-dimensions for that?

I am using the SSAS and my Power BI would use this model after it is done. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

You can write measures that remove filters. You can also set the time relationships up as inactive and only activate them within certain measures (USERELATIOINSHIP).

If you need to control filters for the fact tables independently and simultaneously with slicers, then it may be better to have multiple time dimensions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

You can write measures that remove filters. You can also set the time relationships up as inactive and only activate them within certain measures (USERELATIOINSHIP).

If you need to control filters for the fact tables independently and simultaneously with slicers, then it may be better to have multiple time dimensions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okey, than I was right with the two dimensions , one for each time. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.